Below is a small tutorial showing how to create a new project on Google Code, how to use an SVN client to upload new files to it and how to set the mime-type for these files.
- Go to http://code.google.com/hosting/ and create a new Google Code project in case you don’t have one already.
- Make sure that you have selected Subversion as Version Control system.
- Note down your repository URL, username and password. We will need these details in the next steps when we will use an SVN client to upload files to repository.
- Install an SVN client. In this example we are using TortoiseSVN.
- Right click where ever you are working on Windows Explorer and lunch TortoiseSVN Repo-browser.
- Enter you repository URL, then username and password (from step no. 3).
- Repo-browser lets you browse, add, remove and edit files from your SVN repository.
- After you have uploaded the files to repository, you can set their mime-type. Right-click on a file and select Show properties from context-menu.
- Using Properties dialog you can add, remove and edit file’s properties.
- You are done uploading. Get the file URL by doing left click on the file you want to hot link from the repository browser and select and copy the URL. Just replace the https with http and you are done. Now you have got the URL to hot link. Use it where ever you like.